Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone ever make their own PC test bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungmc

Technical User
Oct 19, 2000
US
After years of reaching into sometimes cramped PC cases, I've given some thought to making my own 'test bed', where I have everything spread out and open, perhaps on some sort of non conductive material, just so I can have lots of room to install and uninstall test components as needed. Has anyone ever heard of someone doing something like that? I'd love to see anyone's handiwork to get some ideas of my own. Cases are fine for when everything is nice and functional, but when you're troubleshooting every single goda** component in a PC, it's nice to have some elbow/breathing room.

Thanks!

-Greg

Have multiples. One with AT PS and one with ATX PS. Set of plastic standoffs mounted from the bottom with AT spacing.
22" x 22" pressboard with laminate covering.
The testbed was originally set up to mount to a rollabout at waist height but I've since pulled the tiedowns so I can use the rollabout as a workbench too.
On those boards that don't match the standoff spacing I just set it on top.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back