Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone else having problems with Client 3.32 SP1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRCC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
CA
Hi.

I recently installed SP1 (client 3.32) on a Win98SE laptop (NetWare 5.0 SP6.0a network) and was getting page fault and illegal operation errors on each and every application that was running on it (i.e. GroupWise 6, MS Word, Excel, various proprietary apps). I was getting so many errors that I was just about ready to wipe the drive clean and re-install. At that point I realized that I had installed SP1 two days before. I un-installed it and am now running just 3.32 and all the errors have magically disappeared!

Anyone else having problems or heard anything about this SP or is it just my cranky laptop?

TIA for any info on SP1

Mark

Ive encountered errors with the novel client 3.32 SP1....but they were simliar however as soon as i un-installed the client the problems dissapeared, basically what was happening was all the computers were coming up with errors in dos saying cannot find win.com. the file wasnt deleted it was just loosing the path for some reason, at first i thought it was someone playing tricks =) but as soon as i took the client off all the problems dissapeared.........go figure?

im glad im not the only one who found some weird issues with the 3.32 SP1 client =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back