Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone else have issues with Blaster patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoe2

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2002
US
I loaded the Blaster patch on our W2K Citrix server (MetaFrame 1.8) on Firday morning and suddenly no one could print to their ntework printers, even though they were being autocreated. They could still print to their autocreated local printers though.
As of this morning, the network printers stopped being autocreated. The users can print out of Citrix to these network printers.
The reg still shows the proper providers for Citrix autocreation, and all files are in place.
I uninstalled the blaster patch, to no avail.
The error messages the users get are these:
RDP Connection: Not enough memory, try closing programs.
ICA Connection: Printer not available. Choose another printer.
I uninstalled and reinstalled NetBios as well, no effect.

Thanks!

Corie

Well, I restored the system state data and printing came back just fine. My people can even print .pdf files to the networked printers again, and they couldn't do that for several months now.

I still don't know what could have caused the failure other than W2K server SP4 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 and the Blaster Fix installed and the machine had a conflict with those three.

Corie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back