Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone done UDP with Cisco Call Manager SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
I have a customer with a magix who has hit maximum endpoints but needs another 25 extensions for now until they move the entire operation over to a Cisco Call Manager. They want to use UDP from the MAGIX to the Cisco Call Manager SE for now to give the 25 other users phones, while being able to internally call, transfer, and use the T1 on the Magix. There is a 3rd unused T1 card in the Magix from when there was a fax server, also using UDP at that time. It is now on its own T1 so the Fax server is free.

My question is about any pros or cons with having the Magix connect via UDP to the Cisco so that there is some level of connectivity, users on the cisco side will use the Cisco vmail.

I am looking more for can it be done? If so, what to watch out for? My other option is a used IP Office for now, but they want to entertain CISCO since they can reinvest the majority of this equipment in the final solution later on.

Thoughts?

Thanks

The two systems can be linked for networking using the extra DS1 module. You can check the Network Reference Guide document for the Legend/Magix. It covers most of the stuff you need, other than perusing thru the forum for threads covering the subject matter.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back