Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone any sp2 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2000
Before I upgrade!!!

Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

Not so far - it's easy to install, and very stable.

Check with your server hardware vendor before upgrading. I had problems with Dell servers, you need to run a utility before installing SP2. You may also want to check the software compatibility with any applications you're running on the server and get the latest patches.

I guess I'll post a little more info then and will look at the support sites.

Exchange 2003 running on HP ML 530 with Outllok 2003 sp1 in cache mode. Windows 2000 sp4 in a Windows 2000 AD.

Currently have KVS v4, Mailsweeper v 4.3 And Exclaimer v4.01

Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

You said you had problems with Dell servers? What kind of problems...

Calling Dell now...What kind of utility did you have to run?

Hello -
Finally found the thread that may be helpful to me.....
We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Server 2003. I am considering upgrading to Server 2003 SP1. (Try searching Google with those two together...)
Has anyone ran into any problems upgrading the OS?
My ultimate goal is to eliminate the mailboxes backup from Veritas (16 hours!) and just backup the stores. I will then have a standby server I can dump the store files to if I need to restore a mailbox or message. (I hope)
Thanks in advance

<<Witty Signature>>

Windows Server upgrade, no problems.

SP2 problems - if running MSDE on same server yes. Otherwise a couple of DLL clashes with some stuff, but at each prompt copy the relevant DLL then overwrite it.

Brick level backup elimination? Easy. Don't bother with standby server, buy a copy of Aelita Recovery Manager. Sorts out dead stores AND pulls brick level from Backup Exec store level backups. Job done.

Zelandakh -
Thanks for the info. We had previously looked into the Aelita Recovery Manager from Quest, but at US $8.00 per mailbox, decided it was cost prohibitive.
The proposed backup of store files and copying to secondary server still works though, right?

<<Witty Signature>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back