Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone any idea how to stop this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoX

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
GB
Event Type: Error
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 43
Date: 09/01/2001
Time: 18:49:07
User: N/A
Computer: <erased>

Description:
WMI ADAP failed to connect to namespace \\.\root\cimv2\MS_809 with the following error: 0x8004100e

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this problem. cya,

RoX

&quot;WMI is the Microsoft implementation of Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM), an industry initiative to develop a standard technology for accessing management information in an enterprise environment.&quot; - Microsoft

Personally, haven't seen it, but these links have tons of info that may help you:

Good Luck ~

Thanks m8... but no luck in any of them pages.

Anyone else got any idea how to stop this...

I've just reinstalled Win2K and started getting this... and wouldn't like to re-install yet again just to see if I can get it to go away.
cya,

RoX

Have you looked in your event viewer, or services? There may be something that simply needs to be changed to not load on startup.

Yeah the error is from and is being reported to the event viewer.

And I don't think that I should disable WMI Services... As I've never done it before + I've been told not too, as it can cause major problems doing so.

Any more ideas? cya,

RoX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back