Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone actually installed the liquid cooling system from Asetk on the AMD FX 8 core processor? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqaguy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2004
US
Feeling rambunctious, I decided to upgrade to the AMD black FX 8150 core and a new mobo. It arrives in a huge box with a liquid cooling system designed for it. Wonderful. I take out the "instructions" that were obviously not written by a human being (all pictures). Spent an hour researching the stupid plastic retention clips to install the clip to the mobo. Now I am stuck. Step 6 says to Attach pump to retention ring. (???) Snap retaining clip to the pump and retention ring. (??????) I've spent hours trying to get the stupid retaining clip to line up with anything so it will secure the cooling pump. Without it, the pump will fall off the cpu and be useless. Can Anyone please help me to understand how this low tech solution is supposed to work? My next option is to toss the cooler into the trash and get an old fashioned strap on (oops, wrong analogy) that will probably cool the core better than this radiator... I'm not OC or trying to break the speed of sound. PLEASE let me know if you've used this cooler, and how to connect it.
If you're in Boston I'll buy you a beer or 4.

What model cooler, or is this the black edition with the included cooler ??? Go here for a quick how to Link for sealed units.

Here is a step by step guide with photos. Link

Thanks for the links you sent, but the crucial step I can't get to work is not fully explained. There is a round plastic ring that is supposed to slip over the cpu cooler head from below and secure it to the mounting bracket so it can't fall off the cpu. All they say is ' clip it to the CPU heatsink.' No matter how I position the heatsink, I can not get that ring to clip on and secure everything. This is the cooling unit that came with the FX8150 chip.

Success!!
it took some fiddling around, but I was finally able to get that plastic clip to snap into place. Thanks again for the link rdclarke250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back