Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anybody who knows the squirrel pos system inside out 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsaiyan

Technical User
Nov 10, 2002
CA
I need help with the squirrel system. Things like menu setup and clearing up conflicts after changes are made.

I have several years experience setting up menu screens on the new Squirrel 1.1 and 1.2 systems.

What type of conflicts? The only way that conflicts can occur that I know of is if shutdown procedures are not followed correctly. (IE: ending task on POS, versus a proper shutdown). Please be more specific.

Also, changes made within System Configuration should not be duplicated at POS -- one or the other.

A great way to remember what to do for shutdown is "D.O.T.S" D=disk in the disk drive, O=open checks; can't have any, T=Terminals all on the logon screen with nothing highlighted, and S=Servers all cashed out. If you follow these rules then shutdown will never be an issue.

What type of changes are you making to the menu most of the time that are not behaving correctly? Price changes? Tranformers? Pop-Ups?

Suchasynic

I don't if you have found anyone to help you yet... If not, perhaps I can be of service. I am an old (well, not so old!) Squirrel trainer/installer. I have over 10 years experience training/installing Squirrel Classic Systems, which is what you have (older Squirrel, DOS based operating in Windows environment). If you have not found anyone to help you yet, let me know.

I am a former employee of Squirrel Systems, specifically the Squirrel Solution Centre. I am very well versed in Squirrel Classic, Squirrel 1.1.x and Squirrel 1.2.x.

If you could be more specific, I would be more then glad to answer your questions.

I have a Squirrel system version 3.22E software and Squirrel VI system. I lost all the manuals. Does anyone know where to get copies?

any Squirrel Business Partner or Direct office will be able to supply you with manuals. Please let me know what part of the country you are in. I will then point you to the closest location

I am using Squirrel 4.01 on NT
and getting the error:

"Batch Close Failure(-7): Visa Rejected Posting for Check #: 0,(804 )"

I called my squirrel rep and they said they would look at it (3 days ago). From past experience I am not that hopeful that they will help me ("Squirrel support is worth it's weight in gold, and if you want it you will have to buy it through me and write a big fat check") I have a veriphone card reader at the bar and we run everything through it, so I am not that pinched yet. I talked to Visanet - they say squirrel can tell me. If anyone can tell me anything they know, that would be great.

Sorry I got carried away, I have manuels, and they arent too bad I can certainly help with specific things (I dont want to copy the whole manuel...)

I can help you with any Squirrel needs...
I have extensive knowledge of all classic systems, 1.1, 1.2 and the forth coming 1.3

Post away your question and I'd be glad to help out

I have a problem with version 1.2 of the Squirrel. The POS blocks with much frequency when I make some type of operation, like when I give payment. When I go to event log in Point of sale control appears this message. Error: table error in department 2 (Restaurant) table 2 (2).

I think the POS blocks because it loses the communication with squirrel server .
To initiate again the pos system, it's necessary to activate again the services.

When I go the POS/TERMINAL,Point of sale control. Where it appears the message (host is alive), it appears (sending failure).

icone of squirrel in the bar of tools close to the hours loses the net points.

The squirrel icone in the tools bar close to the hours loses the net points.

Somebody knows what's happen here? help me please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back