Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody still use Lantronix Terminal Servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommAdmin

MIS
Mar 30, 2005
US
I have many Lantronix 8 port terminal servers which link dumb terminals to an IP host, connect printers to the ethernet, and other serial devices.

I have a problem when a user of a dumb terminal thinks they will solve some wait problem by turning off the terminal and turning it back on again.

This succeeds in locking out that port, because the Lantronix ETS8 thinks it is still connected to the terminal - because the user did not log out.

I am looking for anyone that still uses these devices and has any experience in resetting that physical port. The only other way I've been able to recover the terminal's use of that port is to power-cycle the Lantronix. The cryptic command line seems to have no simple command such as 'set port x reset', or etc...

CommAdmin guy - Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back