Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody setup paging using Small Comm Networking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjinsocal581

Programmer
Feb 5, 2005
US
Or T1 Small Community Networking?

I have a customer who has 2 IPO's. Both of them have Bogen paging equipment. They use Hunt Groups to page. They are connected via Small Community Networking. Can One user at one site, dial the paging code at the other site and access the paging system?

I know it can be done. I don't remember exactly how off hand. I was in a class early last year and we wanted to see if this was possible and found that at least using the sets, we were able to "page" a group so the same should be true for external paging as well (we decided in theory it would be).

I have tried it as many ways as i could think ok with a 6 site location. Was not able to get it to work. I was using 2.1 27 code if that makes a diference. I'd be interested in seeing this work ihave a few customers who want this feature.

My theory was to push the short code out over the VoIP trunk that matches the page short code on the far end. But it wouldn't work.

Shortcodes I know may not work. But the extensions should. We will test and report back.

if you dial an extention it will ring. if you want to page to a hunt group you need to force the the hunt group page feature. The only way I can think of doing it is to use the short code feature dialpage.

If you have a goup a site B say 250 is the paging group and you want to page from Site A.

Put a shout code in at site A as follows

Short Code: 250
Telephone Number: 250
Line: 1 ( This is the trunk linking the two sites)
Feature:Dial Extn ( Note if this fails try Dial)

[cheers]

I tried it here's what I did.

Switch A
Built hunt group 400 with 2 members group type=group
Built short code

sc 401
Tel# 400
line 0
feature dialpage
Dial 401 and you are able to page to the two phones localy.

Site B
Created short code
sc 401
Tel# 401
Line 12 VoIP Trunk to site A
feature Dial
Dial short code 401 you ARE able to page over the VoIP trunk to the remote site.

I've got 3 sites networked. From Site A the short code to B is 6N number is . feature is Dial and line is the VoIP line number, in my case 80. Site B has a short code of 6X telephone is Nt(2) feature is Dial line is 5 (trunk group 5 is 1 line to the paging unit). The Nt(2) is because they have a habit of not hanging up after paging, this limits the access time to 2 minutes +/- 1 minute. now this is a multi-zone unit so you could drop the N and X if you're useing a single zone only. The reverse from site B to A uses 5 inplace of the 6 for the short codes. site c uses 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back