Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody knows a log-in tool for automatic log-ins to database??

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorang

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
AT
Using the database software "Documentum" at work for our content management system, I have to type my username and password many times every day. There is absolutely no "Remember Username/Password" Option in the Plug-In we use (which is FrameLink by DataLogics).

Is there any known software out there, which can be configured to enter username and passwort every time the login window appears?

Thanks for any help.

Something like Macro Magic might do the job - - its not free though. There are free 'automation' tools (or were when I last was interested a couple of years ago) on the web - try Google.

If your database application can be configured to use integrated windows security line access or oracle then you can make the passwords the same between you os and database and it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back