Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody know anything about the Comdial Impact? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck95

Technical User
May 21, 2002
US
I have a user that has a Comdial Impact. They are using the handest and trying to turn the volume up. On the display it just says headset and does not turn up the volume on the handset. In the users guide it says just press the intercom and then choose handset, headset, or speaker and set the volume, but I dont know to change the modes. Thanks for your help. Chuck Berg
Performance Telecom

chuck@performancetele.com During Hours
me@chucks-web.com After hours

Press Intercom, then volume up or down, then **5 to store change

I have Comdial DXP questions also. How do I ensure that the volume is high enough to hear incoming Intercom calls ringing in? Also, how do I get access to the Switch? I have a 3.5 floppy with an .exe file on it but I don't have a manual or any information on how to get into the system (i.s. via laptop). Please help!!!

To get into the impact on your laptop, a communications program needs to be used. Procomm can work, or I have used hyper-terminal as well. Depending on your version of impact, there are different ways to connect. You need to connect to a comm port, either diectly to a comm port on some models(1632), On other models you need to wire a 9-pin connector to the commport on the punchdown block and configure your laptop to the data parameters of the Comdial system. Once you get connected and setup, all you do is hit the enter key on your laptop and a password option will come up. Just type in database password(I*746*). You really do need a manual. It might be to your benefit to pay someone to come set this up for you so you have it done right and then you can take it from there....Good Luck

Tony Misiak (Tony the Phoneman)

Tel-programmer has all they comdial manuals you will need to learn the comdial systems. They only charge a one time membership fee for life (cheap).
Also they have a great link to a comdial board that is really good
Good luck

Connecting to Comdial Impacts (including DXP/DXP+ to release 9) is done with any terminal emulation program. The larger Impact DSU's, DXP's have Data ports. On smaller DSU's, the Data port must be wired to a jack. DXP's past release 9 require VMMI, a Comdial proprietary program.
If the DSU has no port on the cabinet, connect a jack to the yellow/brown and yellow/slate pairs of the station cable. Green to yellow/brown, Red to brown/yellow, Black to yellow/slate, Yellow to slate/yellow.
Make a 9-pin EIA adapter (female) for the laptop serial port. This takes a STANDARD telephone base cord (not patch cord), 4 wire. Connect pin 2 of the RJ14 to pin 5 of the EIA. Connect pin 3 of the RJ14 to pin 3 of the EIA. Connect pin 4 of the RJ14 to pin 2 of the EIA. Connect pin 5 of the RJ14 to pin 8 of the EIA.
Go to extension 10. Press "Intercom *#746* 15 1 08 11 * Speaker". This will set the baud rate at 9600 n 8 1 on Data port A.
Connect your laptop to the system (port A or the jack you wired, depending on the system). Start Procomm or Hyperterminal or whatever terminal emulation program you use. Set the laptop serial port for 9600 n 8 1 and none handshake. Log in by hitting enter (it should say "Input Password") and typing I*746* enter. The programming is fully menu driven from this point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back