Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody interfaced CC 6.0 with IEX? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
Anybody interfaced CC 6.0 with IEX?

How does it interface?

How does the product perform?

Thanks in Advance.

We have interfaced the two. Do you have specific questions I can answer? We don't have any overall issues....

Thanks for responding! Yes I do have questions.

How do the two integrate? I assume it is a login over the network and not a physical connection?

How specificly do you program the integration/login in the CC6?

Is it just a user with admin privilages?

Does it meet your expectations?

How does it compare with Aspect?

Thanks in advance for your remarks.

How do the two integrate? I assume it is a login over the network and not a physical connection?
There are many answers to this question since it is kinda vague. The two are integrated at many levels.
There isn't a physical connection between the hardware pieces, but the relationship relies on data and network conectivity.

The IEX server collects phone data from the CC6 server(s) for phone stats related to calls, handle time, various agent states, and in some cases real time input / output.

The CC6 install quite meets our expectations and has performed at or above our previous ASPECT install. As with any integration there are limitations / issues depending on the components. Since Nortel is a skills based system and ASPECT is not, the Nortel system was easier to integrate and maintain.

I'm sorry this isn't very specific, but the hardware/software integration - setup is better answered on the IEX web site, but as far as real life questions I can help, as I have worked with IEX and both ASPECT and Nortel installs.

Thanks for your responses.

I will have to look to the IEX website because I need to know how to program the CC6 so IEX can login/interface with it.

You don't have to "program" the CC6 for IEX. You will have to provide a user id and password to IEX. This is done using the Utility Client.

The Utility Client is what is left of the Classic Client in Call Center Manager 6. The User ID should have an access class that allows access to all real time displays and reports.

Before IEX was bought by Nice, they were Nortel's preferred vendor for Work Force Management (it is now Witness). So integration to IEX is pretty seamless.

Thanks Miles,

Does the IEX use a browser and point it to the IP address of CCMA or CCMS or none of the above?

Sorry,

I only program the SCCS/CCMS. IEX was always responsible for their part. I only provided them the user id and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back