Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody integrating with ASP via the Workforce API's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRinTetons

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2001
US
I have an existing database application that accesses HR data from ADP's hosted HR system and maintains employee data and access in our enterprise operations system. I get the data from a local SQL Server db that's updated from ADP by a middleware product called LinkSync. The new version of ADP we're taking in August no longer supports the access methods used by the LinkSync folks, but it does have a whole data access API layer I'd *like* to be able to use myself. Is anyone in this community doing anything with the ADP API's that gets queried results into a local SQL Server db?

Here's the vendor's summary of using the API's:
-----------------------------------
1. Send an HTTP GET to any one of the APIs and include that OData Bearer Token in the Authorization header and receive an HTTP response with the requested data in the form of a JSON payload.

2. Use a library such as Json.Net to de-serialize the JSON response into a .Net object.

3. Persist that object to their data store using ADO.Net or Entity Framework.
----------------------------------

I'd love to find tools that would let me do everything from within my stored procedures, if that's possible...

-
Richard Ray
DBA, Developer, Data Analyst
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

Personally, I would no even attempt to do this in SQL. To be honest, I don't think you can.
You will need to use a front end, and I suggest using Visual Studio.

So you're saying I should build a .NET application that does the data collection?

-
Richard Ray
DBA, Developer, Data Analyst
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back