Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody here using DSTX 8.0.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clk430

Programmer
Sep 21, 2005
US
Just curious as to how many users have it or at least are playing with it.

From what version did you upgrade to?
How long did it take you?

If you haven't upgraded yet, what are your time estimates?

Currently we have both 6.5 and 6.7.1 in production, never used 7.5. Upgrade to 8.0 is on the way (have installed Design Studio) and probably we will migrate our first interfaces in Q3. As we heavily use XML, we are really looking forward to using the new type tree importer of 8.0.

Same as SeriesConsumer but upgrading to 8.0.1.
I've tried running 6.5.1 and 6.7.1 systems under 8.0.1 event server and they seem to run ok. I want to try to avoid recompiling maps where possible to make the upgrade easier. XML is the main area where we may make change.

janhes, did you manage to suceccsfully convert/migrate your existing trees ans maps to 8.x? At first sight it looks easy to migrate your 6.7 trees (derived from DTD or XSD) into the new format. Unfortunately we had to modify the trees imported by 6.7 slightly so that the tree migration doesn't work automatically any more. And the map migration tool seems to be in an early stage, it crashed quite often and gives senseless error messages.

BTW, what's the difference between 8.0 and 8.0.1? Any significant improvements?

I've not had any problems with maps/type trees I've tested. I haven't amended the original typetrees for xml so that's probably why. I didn't do enough testing on 8.0 to notice the changes in 8.0.1 but presumably it's fixed a number of faults.

Do you guys know of any companies that have 8.0 in production?

Sorry, I don't know any (actually I also don't know a company having 7.5 in production). Sadly I just noticed that they re-introduced a bug again that had been fixed already in beta two. Really wondering how their quality management looks like.

Using 6.7.1, also run 8.0 on a virtual server... currently using 8.0 to help debug more complex issues in 6.7.1 maps.

Also testing existing maps for upgrade.... transition is low priority....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back