Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody heard of Syncsort's Backup Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfranco

MIS
Dec 31, 2001
US
Anybody heard of Syncsort's Backup Express?

My boss met a rep at Oracle world and now wants me to talk to them about setting up a demo to see their backup software. Has anyone heard of them before? I am looking for new backup/restore software. Currently using ArcServe 2000 on a Win machine and ArcServe 7 on a Netware machine, don't really like ArcServe though, I just started to read up on Veritas backup exec.

crap.....

For easy, and inexpensive visit and download the 45 day eval of the NetVault product. You can have it setup and running in less than 30 minutes.

Hi mfranco,

Yes have heard of SyncSort's Backup Express.
It's is not well known, but very good!

It is very easy to install, handle and troubleshoot. In fact it is the only software that can do backups for Novell Clusters, and that's exactly the market place it is sold into, the Novell market.
Try it, you'll probably like it.

I am very familiar with both Snycsort and Netvault. I prefer Netvault. Much easier to use.

>---------------------------------------Lawrence Feldman
SR. QA. Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com

Well, they are supposed to be sending out some engineers to demonstrate the software for me next week sometime. I guess I'll just see what it can do.

What are you trying to backup? That might help figure out what is better for you.

>---------------------------------------Lawrence Feldman
SR. QA. Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com

Windows 2k server backing up 5 servers currently (possibly up to 15 in the future) and a Netware 5.1 server behind a firewall currently backing up 5 Windows servers (possibly 10 in the future).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back