Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody else have a dire Kaspersky time that lead you to Norton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat9

MIS
Aug 21, 2009
GB
I previously ran Kaspersky 2009 on my home pc and what a disaster it turned out to be.Talk about slowing your machine down and then some !! Such an intrusive bit of kit, I enjoy download speeds of 1.95mb/sec and that suits me admirably, uploads are 1.3mb/sec and that is cool too . when I had the Kaspersky program , my download speeds were reduced to circa 800 kb/sec [sleeping 2] and it just had to go. The machine was clean and nothing else but that pesky program was grinding it to a halt. My copy had 3 licences so I gave one to my dad and guess what , his machine fell off the rails too.My mum would browse ebay and she said the KS antivirus made the machine intolerably slow .

My copy of Norton NIS2009 had a glitch with the framewrok error, but it got sorted rapidly and I couldnt be happier with it. Well done Norton, in 2009 you got it right big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back