Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to write on DDS-1 tape using DAT40 drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msyam

Technical User
Nov 20, 2001
MY
Hi guys,
I'd like to know any way/tips so that we can read/write DDS-1 tapes using DAT 40e tape drive. From the HP website reference, the tape can only be read from the drive but not write. Please tell me as I have a number of DDS-1 tapes which i believe can still be used for another at least 25 times before losing its backup/restore reliability.

My boss bought a new tape drive DAT 40e to substitute our old drive. Since at the moment we have only a limited number of compatible tapes for read/write and most of the available tapes cannot be used ( i mentioned above ), I like to see/try any way that might be possible to reuse the tapes..

Thanks for any suggestion or idea..

Sorry, but with the newer HP tape devices, DDS-1 is a read only tape. There is simply no way to get around it. Also, you may have problems with some brands of DDS2 tapes, so make sure you get a reliable brand if using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back