Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to transfer VB Script to Java Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryu-cm

Technical User
Apr 23, 2017
Dear ALL

So many pages of ASP file created by VB script, so only activeted with MS explorer.
and also is not available in Mobi APP.
Are there any way to transfer VB Script to Java Script or others.
sample file attached created with ASP (VB Script)

Ryu ChangMyong

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7ca6c995-1a21-4e10-b10c-80001ab4fbbe&file=piping-engineering-piping-flow-surge-pressure-1.htm
>Are there any way to transfer VB Script to Java Script
Not that I'm aware of, other than you actually converting the vbscript to javascript yourself, or paying someone who knows both languages.

If its the former, and you have javascript questions, post to forum216. Or if you don't understand how some of your vbscript code works, post here.

If the latter, and you want someone to write the code for you, you are in the wrong site.

Dear guitarzan

I need to convert total around 1,200 files, I guess that it take too much time.
So this problems have to be solved by Program to convert automatically for every file.

Kind regards,
Ryu cm

So many pages of ASP file created by VB script, so only activeted with MS explorer.

No, ASP VBscript runs on a server so it is NOT affected by whatever user agent or browser is accessing the document.

javascript on the other hand is entirely client side, so depending on what the scripts do, client side javascript is most probably not going to be the same.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

So this problems have to be solved by Program to convert automatically for every file.

Google is your 'friend' for things like that;

And, by the way your example is NOT ASP so forum329 is where you should be posting.

Chris.

Just I changed to htm file from ASP, this is acually asp file.

I guess that this problems is related to MS IE is no more supporting VB script.

Just I changed to htm file from ASP, this is acually asp file.

No it is not, having an ASP extension does NOT make it ASP, it is simply a text file containing HTML (very old HTML) source with a .asp file extension. What makes an "asp" page is having server side ASP code with the appropriate delimiters <% ... ... %> wrapping the script code.

PLUS you cannot have onClick events running ASP code directly.

Chris.

Dear ChrisHirst
I'm not expert of asp but mechanical engineer, so it would be hard to understand for what you say.
what I want to know is how to convert this file to available in MS new IS or google Chrome
and Mob APP browser this is all
So if you can do, pls contact me directly

info@pes21.com
Ryu cm

I'm not expert of asp

I sort of guessed that .... Which is WHY I am telling you what ASP is and WHY it cannot be 'converted' to javascript

So I'll try again.

1/ Your document is NOT ASP, okay so far?

2/ Changing the document extension to '.asp' or '.aspx' will NOT make it become ASP, okay?

3/ You CAN NOT in no way shape or form convert actual ASP code to 'javascript', still with me?

All this means that:

A) You are asking the wrong question.

and;

B) Asking it in the WRONG forum.

So on to the possibly difficult part.

The sample you provided is "client side" code and this particular section of tek-tips deals with 'server side code', so is of ABSOLUTELY NO use to you as the two are entirely separate and operate completely independently

As previously posted in this thread;

forum216

IS where to post your question.

Finally; Wanting a 'tool' to convert client side VBScript to javascript that will NOT require some manual 'expert' editing to 'fix' what it gets wrong is just wishful thinking.

Chris.

Thank you for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back