Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to force SendObject to hit "Send" automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTilson

Programmer
Jul 14, 2004
US
I'm developing a multiuser, password protected system, and I want to allow users to hit a "Register" button the first time they log in that will prompt them for the desired user name and password, and then automatically email the info to me. I've got SendObject working to where it will open up the email and put in all the relevant information, but then the user still has to actually hit "Send." I want this to be as transparent as possible.

Is there any way to make it automatically send the email, and not make the user have to hit send manually?

Thanks!

Brooks Tilson
Database Development
Tilson Machine, Inc.

Found the answer myself. It pays to read the fine print in the help files from time to time :)

In case anyone else is wondering, simply set editMessage to 0 in your function call and it will send automatically.

Thanks!

Brooks Tilson
Database Development
Tilson Machine, Inc.

Hi,

I have set EditMessage to 0, but it still ask user to click on "Send" button. I am using Lotus Notes 6.5 as my default email. Is there a way to have the mail send-out automatically without clicking on Send button? Many thanks

VN

And is there a way to send the PDF format report?

Thanks

VN

Any report in Access can be sent in a "pdf LIKE" format.

Microshaft's own version of PDF is the SNAPSHOT

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rptName", acFormatSNP, .. .. etc

Helpfully the acFormatSNP is not listed in the SendObject Method - FormatType list in the help file but it functions when used.

( The SnapShot viewer is a standard part of MS Office or a free download from the Microsoft web site. )

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

I am having the same problem, I have set EditMessage to 0, but it still ask user to click on "Send" button. I am using Lotus Notes 6.5 as my default email. Is there a way to have the mail send-out automatically without clicking on Send button?

dim EmailAddress as String
EmailAddress = "xxxxxxx@yahoo.com"

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, "", "", EmailAddress, "", "", "Subject - Hi", "Body - Bye", 0

I just want to send a text message. How come this does not work?

For those of you wanting to automate Lotus Notes, here is some code I found for that...

It works really well. I use it in Notes 6.5. It does take a little customization to get it to work as the programmer left some placeholders in the code, but it should do what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back