Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to figure out Raid controller without powering down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Was hoping someone had a nifty utility to see the Raid controller on a server running XP and Raid 0(blah yea i know 0). PC is used all day and wasnt wanting to power it down if possible. I know if you look at the properties of the C:\ drive it will say what brand and sometimes what Raid config but wont tell you a model number. It is a Via Raid controller, would the latest Via Raid utility work with it?
Thanks all

Device Manager doesn't show what it is?

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

How did I forget the most obvious place to look. I blame the heat. Thanks for reminding me but the Xp machine only shows "Via Raid Controller" which I knew from the properties of the logical drive itself. Someone mentioned "PC wizard" which I will research and repost if it does work.

Sometimes you can find it from the purchasing invoice - if detailed and still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back