Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any user-interface course Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb224

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
US
Hei .. I'm a heavy .NET programmer! I used tek-tips for my previous major projects! I'm generally not happy with myself with the front-end or user-interface designs.

What courses or other front end tools do you recommend? .. Flash programming? My apps are mostly database centric with financial calaculations. That aspect of ASP.NET is fine ... but I have a tough time using webforms for a neat user-interface. Any suggestions .. for courses .. or other course of action ... My boss has also asked me for any new ideas for our IT group .. so any ideas will be helpful.

thanks

In most cases you don't need to use flash. Read up on CSS as this can be used to create some amazing designs. Check out to see what I mean.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Agreed csszengarden is an awesome place to start. I don't really like the vs ide, I think that dreamweaver is a lot better for design, however masterpages in vs2005 are great too.

Flash is cool, but you'll spend a lot of time on it to get it where you want. And you'll need some serious graphic designer talents too. Also try to learn some photoshop. That'll get you going in the right direction too (I'm pretty sure that the artist's on csszengarden use photoshop to make that stuff ;-).

I like buying skinned Server Controls so I don't have to do a lot of manual design work. has some pretty attractive DHTML controls that don't require third-party plug-ins to run (just a browser with javascript enabled).

I also sometimes browse the sites that provide HTML templates you can download for free or buy for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back