Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Updates On Premature Partner ACS R7.0 Failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexman

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
US
It's been a while since the large posts concerning the dead out of the box (or soon thereafter) Partner ACS R7 processors have been updated.

Any updates on how the new processors have been holding up out in the field since [ponder]

I've seen posts on other tech help sites that seem to indicate that a bad batch of processors was released, but those processors have been pretty much weeded out of the supply chain.

I have heard that the newest distribution of R7's are much better than the previous ones. Having not installed nor worked with any of the R7's at all yet, that is all second hand. Take it for what it is worth! :)

--Dan

All currently shipping R7 units are back to the previous good quality level found prior to R7. I think the bad batch has passed, and those that failed did so out of the box. That means there are few or no ticking time bomb R7s out there to fail, maintaining the integrity of the product line. They dodged a bullet on that one, hope the plants learned a QA lesson that won't allow a repeat.

I hope someone from Celestica takes note of 392's post. Any more large scale problems, and Celestica is going to end up looking like this: [purpleface].

I'll agree with 392. All my R7 install have gone fine.

Note: Anyone notice that the R7 doesn't seem to send a disconnect signal out it's station ports anymore? If you loop a station port to a CO port and call it, the darn thing won't release when you hang up.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back