Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any tips prior Optivity NMS 9.2 installation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoyam

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
PR
In the next few weeks I'm installing Optivity NMS 9.2 on my Nortel-based network. It consists of a couple of Passport 8600, and 50+ 450 switches on multiple domains and subnets. This on a multi-plattform environment. I plan to install it on a Win 2k Server. Wha't should be the optimum hardware reccomendations for the NMS?? Just to ask any helpful hints or tips on the initial installation and configuration of NMS. I've heard of getting the latest OIT's and stuff like that. Any details you can give me on those little things that can prevent that the process turns into a living nightmare??. Also, the Switch Manager is included in the Optivity NMS 9.2? Well any suggestions on the pre and post installation process will be appreciated. Thanks!!

You will need to download any patches and fixes and apply these prior to the install, also the OIT files will need to match the s/w versions of your switches. Installing the OIT's takes ages so be patient.

hi

I have a problem, I have installed optivity 9.2 on WIN NT. now when I define the seed in the auto topology manager, it gets stuck at topdt file. may be due to the fact that its start searching for the end devices ie the machines awhich are over 5000 in my netwrok .can any one sugeest how can I limit my search only to the routers and switch stacks.
do I need patch to solve the prob

thanx in advance

Hi there

I have installed Optivity 9.2 but unable to discover the network, I have heard we need to make the seed router entry into one file before running auto topology discovery, without that the discovery will not be successful. please suggest

Mavvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back