Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsutcliffe

Technical User
Feb 17, 2012
US
I’ve been having quite a lot of issues setting up a vpn connection from my home network to my colo network. I’m pretty sure the setup is correct but the vpn only works from the colo to home. IE I can ping from the colo to home but not the other way round. It is not a complicated setup, I have two firewalls with a single network sitting behind them.

My setup is as follows –

Home

Cisco 857W ADSL Router
This is a pretty standard setup that does nothing else but route. It is maintained by myself and has a single IP statically assigned to its dialer interface provided by my isp. The vlan interface also has a set of static ips assigned to it by my isp. These are fully routable.
Dialer0 - 81.187.XXX.176
Vlan1 - 81.2.XXX.217

Fortigate 200 Firewall
This is also running a pretty standard setup. I use this as my firewall/router for my home lan. All the rules etc are setup on here. I don’t have any issues with this what so ever and it has been running for a long time. Except for hosted services all lan clients nat through the wan address assigned to the unit.
WAN – 81.2.xxx.218
LAN – 192.168.99.1

Colo

PF Sense Firewall (VM)
This firewall is a virtual machine sitting on the colo server. Although a virtualised setup isn’t ideal an extra 1U isn’t cheap. This too is running in a pretty simple setup also. Again, except for hosted services all lan clients nat through the wan address.
WAN – 188.xxx.188.242
LAN – 192.168.88.1

Any ideas as to why this setup isn’t working would be much appreciated. I have attached several screen shots of my setup, trace routes and my cisco config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back