Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any suggestions where I should go ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CInman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2001
GB
Dear all,
I am a manager who has recently been "given" the responsibility for an IIS installation/product/etc. and would like to know more about how to control access both internally (intranet) and externally (extranet or internet) from this server. There must be somewhere I can go for such resources, some kind of guidance, where I can make a start and begin to get my head around how the access and security model works in IIS4 and IIS5.
Does anyone have anything at all they can help me with ... I really would be grateful for any leads at this stage whilst I embark on what looks like a long and bumpy learning road ?!?
Thank you in advance for your assistance, and thanks for your time and attention reading this.
Chris.

Chris,

Are you interested in directory security for the web sites running under IIS? If yes, there are several tools that can accomplish this. For directory and file access security, I would recommend Authentix by Flicks Software ( which runs under NT and 2000. With Authentix, you have the ability to connect to an SQL DB or use on-board access list creation.

If not, provide more information about what your goal is.

I hope this helps.

Thank you webgs, I will take a look at that authentix software and see what it can offer me.
Many thanks for your time and advice.
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back