Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Suggestions - Trying to Mirror 2 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm going to throw this out to this forum as I'm trying to do something I have never done before but I'm sure it can be done with Sun Solaris (unix)..So Please help me out with this if you have any better solutions or suggestions... Me and my co worker are stuck working with some old Sun equipment on a Gov't project that is coming to an end and will not upgrade any of this old stuff... We have a Sun Sparc 20 Server running solaris 2.6 which we have a StorEdge Array connected to it via Fiber Soc. The arrary consist of 3 trays with 10 4.2 GB hard drives (dont laugh), total of 30 drives... We use Veritas volume manager 2.4 with the array... Well as of lately the Fiber soc and the Array have been giving us some problems... What we want to do is to rebuild the server and Get Rid of the StorEdge Array. We have two (I call them 6 packs) Ultra Scsi Devices that hold 6 hard drives each... So instead of using the array we thought we would buy some new bigger hard drives and put 6 drives in to each of the ultra scsi devices... But we want to have each ultra scsi 6 pack to be identical... Just incase... Am I on the right track as maybe trying to use raid manager or maybe Disk suite to make these 6 pack devices identical... Or does somebody have any better solutions... Like I said we want to get rid of the StorEdge Array and the fiber thing...

Thanks

angelo23;

Disk suite is what you want.
Raid manager is only for the A3500, or A1000 units.

Thanks

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back