Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Suggestion on Venders??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfletch

MIS
May 3, 2000
US
I am looking for a good vender to buy computer parts either hardware or software are good prices. Looking for SCSI stuff, Network stuff, Microsoft Exchange, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?? [sig][/sig]

if you are talking about setting up servers, and what not, try out monarchcomputer.com they're very knowledgible, and they can build custom PCs for your needs too, their servers that they have are usally Dual-Prcoessors, with SCSI internal harddrives and such.

[sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Actually, try using pricewatch.com. You can find anything and everything related to compute software, hardware, networking, etc. They also list prices from the cheapest to the most expensive on the market. Vendors compete with pricing to give consumers the best combination of price and selection. Check it out. [sig][/sig]

sandrewz, I would normally recomend pricewatch (always use resellerratings.com if you are going to use pricewatch) but in this case, picking something this big of a task (not just grabing a componet) usally calls for some reliable vendors, not just the best price on the list, most of them are very poor, monarchcomputer.com is the best I've delt with, and they also have pretty low prices. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Yeah, resellerratings.com is alright. You can't be too sure if people from the company are posting the ratings =). [sig][/sig]

actually you can now in a sense, resellerratings actually checks for domains/IPs and etc of posters, also I usally dont go with a company that has less than 20 votes on it mainly because it's too small of a number to decide between actual buyers, and those just in their favor, I go with some of the larger places, like monarchcomputer.com has a 6.5 (.5 away from perfect) so forth. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back