Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any solutions to In Design printing issues???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamJamin

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
Seems there are several of us having problems with In Design printing. I’m getting wedges of color around my graphics and black lines through the images when printing on an HP LaserJet 9500. I’ve talked to HP and they are trying to help.
Has anyone found a solution? Is Adobe aware of the problem and created any updates to address it?
Help! I have a catalog ready to go to press and I can’t print!

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from HP? There are a number of very new ones for various 9500 printers.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes I have. Do you have any other suggestions? I'll try anything at this point.

Problems with an individual printer are always a PITA. Here’s something you can try as a check. Export a pdf at press quality. Then open the thing Adobe reader and run a print. If you’re using a mac you can also open and print in Preview. What you’re doing there is bypassing all the fancy print controls in indesign and acrobat. If that prints ok, the problem lies in your print settings, ppd, etc. If that works, you can open the thing in Acrobat, if you have it, and see how that prints. If that works, and you have Acrobat, try “printing” a pdf. Use Adobe pdf as both the printer and ppd. If still ok, try changing the ppd (assuming your using postscript – emulation I believe in your machine) to your printer and see if that works. If it does then something is fluey in the indesign print settings.

When you open the indesign print dialogue you’ll see the button at the bottom for going directly to the printer’s setting (in addition to indeisign settings). You might try that.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back