Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Reviews of Automated Compact/Repair Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smedvid

MIS
May 28, 1999
US
I am searching for a point and click tool that can automatically compact/repair Access-97, Access-2000 and Access-2003 databases (MDBs) in various network directory shares. MDB files account for approximately 60% of the files on our network, and I am looking to recover diskspace.

I actually created an MS Access based compact tool myself many moons ago; but I would rather purchase a COTS and forego any development/maintenance efforts.

Any suggestions/comments related to specific COTS are more than welcome.

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

That feature is on access already unless I am missing a higher point.

Ok... I have 3500 MDB files; which I would like to compact on a monthly basis to ensure that we are conserving network disk space. If users enable the auto-compact and repair on exit; in some cases they may need to wait 5 minutes (or more) especially on MDB files that are over 1.5GB. I hope this explains the issue...

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back