Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any quick way to upload announcements to all the AMS at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US

VAL Manager doesn't appear to work with AMS, they don't show in the audio sources.

Is there a way to upload a new announcement to all of my AMS at the same time? Having to log into 12 separate AMS (soon to be many more) and upload a single file over and over and over again is not very efficient.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

None that I know of. As a matter of fact Avaya even broke the batch upload of multiple files to an AAMS server in an early version of AAMS 8 which really became a pain when we moved a CM from one AAMS server to another shortly after upgrading. A subsequent patch version at least fixed that.

I thought it automatically copied media to other servers in the same content store.

Have you tried uploading to one and then use the "copy" function to duplicate to the others

It will copy the file to it's HA paired server automatically but not to other AAMS servers not in it's cluster.

Have you tried uploading to one and then use the "copy" function to duplicate to the others

Wanebo said:
but not to other AAMS servers not in it's cluster.

Avaya said:
You can duplicate media content within the same content group or duplicate the media content to a different content group. The system creates the copy with the name Copy of filename. You must give the file an appropriate name using the rename procedure.

I'm sorry but I read Stinney's question as copying content to multiple AAMS servers (clusters), not between Content Groups on the same server (cluster). If you have multiple HA pairs of media servers the process described in that document does not allow you to copy files from one HA pair to another HA pair, only between different content groups on the same HA pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back