Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any problems with administering an NT 4 domain with 2kpro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notaro

MIS
May 21, 2002
US
We run an Nt 4 domain here. I wanted to know if there was any problems with adminsitering the NT 4 domain from a Win2K workstation using user manger, server manager, etc. My boss seems to think that we will corrupt the SAM or something to that effect. I don't think this will cause an issue. Can anyone help with this?

We have a NT network and we have used y2k pro for user manager and srv manager and we have no problem. I've been here about a year and it's been like that since I statred. I now use Windows XP with user & srv manager on a NT network.

I find that W2K works very well on an NT4 domain, I can do most things from my own W2K client machine including administration of Arcserve, user manager for NT4 etc, the only snag I have encountered is running the 16-bit emulator for our AS400 server
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back