Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any problems hooking iMac through linksys router to DSL??

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzaguf

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
I have hooked up a linksys router to a cable modem and two WinPCs. Worked like a charm with zero problems.

Now I need to hook up a WinPC and an iMac to a DSL modem through a linksys router. Linksys's info says almost zero about connecting Macs and I don't want to buy the router and find I have major problems. Does anyone have relevant experience or information. All contributions appreciated.

Thanks all. Ron

I'm using a Linksys 4-port router/WAP with an iMac and iBook and have no problems whatever; while Linksys doesn't officially support Macs, configuration can be done through your browser.

I"m running a whole office network through a linksys router, it includes windows machines running win2k PRO, win2k Server, win98, and a bunch of macs running OSX and one older one running OS9. Since configuration is done through aweb browser as FXWizard mentions, set-up is cross-platform. IF you have any problems setting up the software for networking on the mac, post in Apple/Mac operating system and I'm sure I or someone else will get you fixed up quick.
PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back