Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any possiblilty to change Start menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atanoli

Technical User
Oct 28, 1999
PK
Is there is any possibility to change the icon of Start menu which is at bottom left corner of Windows 2000 server?

Thanks in advance.

I think you can click Start. Select settings. Select TaskBar& Start Menu. Select Advanced tab. Select advanced again. It opens explorer showing you the startup folder. At the top of the window select the VIEW menu drop down. Then select customize this folder. a Wizard pops up offering some options for your request.

I want to change icon of Start menu which is a microsoft windows "Logo". Can i change this window the icon which i want?

If you want a totally cool way to customize the ENTIRE look and feel of any windows machine, go here. there is no need for reg hacks, this little program does everything, and they have "skins" for windows you can download.... thousnads of them.

Have Fun,

SteelDragon

There's a little program that should turn up in any good search engine (such as Google) called Eppie Desktop, which does exactly this - ie changes the bitmap on the Start Button.

:)CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back