Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any options for adding an auto generated footer to reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Gauls,

Any options for adding an auto generated footer to reports?

I don't want the typical report name, author name stuff to be there.. What I am looking for is something like a number reference for each report, which should be incremented for every new report and should appear as the footer for the report....

Is there any option for having an object created like that and then to apply the same in footer??

Thanks,
Hari...

There are page footers, and there are report footers, please be specific.

There aren't functions for what you speak of, and it is usually part of the project plan to uniquely identify tasks, not the development tool.

I suggest that at minimum you create an Excel spreadsheet and list your reports there, along with an auto-generated or manually created unique identifier.

-k

Hi,
We are looking for Report footers, our basic goal is to create auto generated sequential footers for the purpose of tracking business objects usage and report generation.

Currently, our plan is to have an excel with key identifiers mapped for every report and then to include them manually, but this is not very pratical as going forward the usage might go up and manual updation of every report will be a impractical solution.

What I would want to know is if there is any way to have the No. of reports captured in an object/variable to be included in the footer or some solution like that, wich would be more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back