Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any news on the Mozilla project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
It's been a bit now. Does anyone know how the Mozilla project is coming along now and if we an expect to see the Firefox version of Eudora any time soon?

Dear jlockley,

I believe it is called Penelope!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

well, here we are two years later. Is it going to happen? I have pretty much given up on Eudora for web mail.

Dear jlockley,

I am considering Thunderbird in the meantime, what is your opinion on that?

Regards
Jim

I tried it a year or so ago and found it far less user friendly than Eudora. I can't remember the exact reasons, but I believe part of the problem was that it couldn't organize as well.

Somewhere there is a forum on the Mozilla site about Eudora with a wish list. It's amazing how many improvements were desired. If they all come true and if the thing ever gets distributed, it will be a good program.

An update:

The Beta for Mozilla's Eudora has been available for some time.
I installed it and am not blown away. It appears to be Eudora, but I have not been able to send yet, and more annoying, it flips off repeat error pop ups once opened inadvertently (by clicking on an email address, for instance) stating that the message could not be saved, try again? Cancellation requires insistent clicking on successive popups.

I will wait to see what else they have to offer, but I would say as for me, my days of desktop based email clients are pretty much over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back