Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any news on BES 3.6 compatibility with Exchange 2003? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulk03

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hi,
we have just implemented a Blackberry solution in an Exchange 5.5 environment using BES 3.6. SP1
Our Desktop platform is now being transformed to 2003 back-end including Exchange 2003.

We have been told by our service provider that you must have SP2 for BES3.6 to work with Exchange 2003. Is it right that this service pack has been delayed since last October? Doesn't sound good - worried that our migration to 2003 will have to go on hold.

I know that RIM will not support 2003 until SP is released. But will BES3.6 SP1 work with 2003?(even in limited fashion). Is anyone running with this solution?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Paul

I can't directly answer your question but SP2 for BES 3.6 is available at RIMs website now. HTH.

Tim

We are running Window 2003 Std. Server, w/Exchange 2003, w/BES 3.6.2, Outlook is not installed and the CDO.dll has been upgraded/registered. I do not have an option to install "BlackBerry Service #2", when I go to the "Modify" option (page 100 of the Exchange 2003 install manual). Any suggestions? This is to install the Calendar Synchronization features. Other features seem to work fine.

I am using BES 3.6 SP2 with exchange 2003 Enterpise on WIndows 2003 standard without a problem

I did a 'knife edge' cutover from BES 2.1 which was running on an old box connected to Exchange 5.5

I installed a new box, BES 3.6 SP2, moved BES mailbox to the exchange 2003 (was using ADC), rehomed Besadmin profile to new server, moved all BB mailboxes, all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back