Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

any news about ip phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kank

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2003
TR
Hi all,

Does anybody knows when the IP phones (4422, 4425)will begin to support features as ADN, MDN, MSN, directory search etc. They showed it in workshops at Stockholm, but not released yet.

The MX-ONE Telephony System - Telephony Switch is released, and here there is support at MNS on IP telephone.
Directory search is available from bc 12.

Hi Mudus,

You mean to get these features on our IP phones we have to buy MX-ONE Telephony System. I think this is not the right answer to my question. Or shall I understand as MD110 will never support these features?

Regards..

The MX-ONE Telephony System - Telephony Switch, is not a MX-one, you can look at it as a "BC 13".

Than for MX-ONE, I do not have to buy any new hardware or software. I can order upgrade of software only. As we did while passing from BC11 to BC12. I always tought MX-ONE is another platform on servers or cabinets. This is great!

You are right and not. Please be aware of the difference between MX-ONE Telephony System V.2 and MX-ONE Telephony Switch. The MX-ONE Telephony System V.2 is a pure server based solution running under Linux. The Telephony Switch is the new BC release ("BC13"), where you can use the new 19" building practice combined with the old HW too. (For me it took quite a long time to undestand too, as using "MX-ONE" for both is confusing.)

Hi, the SW to "BC13" is free of charge from Ericsson when upgrading from bc 12, and the is no hw upgrading if you have the latest sp packet in bc 12.

Be aware that although the software is free from Ericsson you will probably have to pay your maintainer to do the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back