Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any new ATAs that work with SIP for faxing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan777

Programmer
Aug 1, 2010
US
Hey guys,

It looks like there are a lot of previous posts on here about this subject but most of them are older.
I was wondering if there are any new ATA's or any older ones that work fine over SIP with faxing? Thanks!

I used Patton Micro ATA a couple of times without having heard back that they ever had issues but I usually tell people that SIP and fax are not friends and avoid it when ever I can.
I also make sure that the fax is restricted to 9600 Bd when on a SIP line

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I use AudioCodes MP1xx and they work fine with fax. You can use T.38 on IPO500v2 but apparently it's not supported on SE so there you're stuck with G.711 transport.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks guys. I will check on the lowered speed and I will check into the AudioCodes MP1xx too.

AudioCodes work great for me.

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back