Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

any network after authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yegor

ISP
May 24, 2000
NL
Only allowed to get any network connection after authenticate.

I try to find out if windows 2000 or xp supports an authentication system for where i can say that a user behind a laptop only can get an internet (also from any other network) connection after his system has received a successful authentication from the domain server.

I want for when a user brings his laptop to his house, that the user doesn’t have no any Internet connection. His laptop doesn’t allows him to have an internet/network connection, but only for when the user could authenticate himself on the Domain server.

This means that the only connection the laptop could make, is a connection to the domain server.

In my setup, the Domain server could have a Public IP address or a Private IP address.
When the Private is been used and the user is not in the office, there should be ofcourse a VPN connection. But for when the user is in the office, he also have to authenticate before he have any network/internet resourse.

NOTE:
With internet/network resource, I don’t mean network resources of the user Office Domain. I mean network traffic is then allowed to anywhere.

Regards,
Sokolum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back