Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANY LIMITATIONS TO EXCEL LOOKUP TABLES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWJ

Technical User
Jun 27, 2000
US
I presently have a spreadsheet application where data is downloaded from an Access application. The downloaded table is two (2) columns wide and 307 lines in length. I am using a basic lookup formula as follows:

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(BLENDED.xls!COSTS,MATCH("DCAP1SMLUSEDA",TABLE!$A$1:$A$324,),MATCH("AMOUNT",TABLE!$A$1:$R$1,))),0,INDEX(BLENDED.xls!COSTS,MATCH("DCAP1SMLUSEDA",TABLE!$A$1:$A$324,),MATCH("AMOUNT",TABLE!$A$1:$R$1)))*0.001

I copy the formula from one cell to another and edit the appropriate variables indicated in " "(quotes). This works for twelve columns on the report - but when I copy the fomula to the thirteenth column - nothing happens - nothing is returned from the lookup.

Any ideas anyone. I sure am perplexed and trying to find anything in various texts is impossible.

JWJ

You've probably already considered this but ... could it be looking up the list from the wrong column? Perhaps your copy automagically referenced column B instead of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back