Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Large Voip Call Centers using Nortell

Status
Not open for further replies.

snobleky

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
Does anyone know of any large call centers 400+ seats that use the Nortel Voip solution. I am considering replacing our 81 with a Cisco solution, but Nortel is pushing their product, but havent got any sites that are using their solution.

ther is one here in columbia,sc. they seem to be satisfied bith the service and they replaced 2 81's with voip. nortel and cisco are very close to the same as far ar install problems. never had a problem inhouse, voip to remote site always have problems unless bandwidth is massive

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

American Airlines in Dallas, TX, has implemented close to 2500 voip users off one PBX and will deploy over 4000 users by the time the project is over.

All I can say, is that from what I have seen, it can work, but make sure you test your network before trying a huge deployment of voip phones.

John

I agree with janaya. Network evaluation is key. If you can support 802.1p on the edge and diffserv on your layer3 you should be in a very good position(assuming your backbone is beefy). Just remember that you have to factor in the heavy TDM connections via the agents when configuring the system.

Security should also be looked at when choosing a VoIP solution.(system security) Ask your venders. I had a severe issue with a VoIP product at a major university that took the hole system down from a virus.

You may want to compare SMLT vs Spanning tree when looking at resiliency in the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back