Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any issues with upgrade to 3.1 sp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmmrfrds

Programmer
Feb 13, 2000
US
Has anybody experienced any major issues when upgrading from XI R2 to 3.1 sp 2. Our organization has 2K plus reports and several hundred Webi documents, plus a couple dozen Boxi Universes. We would like to have the upgrade implemented and tested by January 1st of 2010.

If there were any issues, where the issues with the Crystal Reports, the Webi Documents, or the Universes. Were there any formatting issues, such as, graphics or printing not aligned correctly. How about response time on displaying reports or documents? Any Java or ActiveX issues?

Thank you.

There is one potential issue with the install itself. When installing on Windows Server 2003 it can take up to 7 hours to do all of the dependency checking before it starts the install. If you don't have enough disk space for the install, you won't know about it until after all of the dependency checking is complete.

The only other issue we ran into was that the one-click ActiveX print control is unsigned and we have security rules that won't allow users to run unsigned ActiveX. There is a solution to this, but I don't have it handy right now. I'll try to remember to post it when I get my hands on it.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back