Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

any issues with NW 6.5.6 patch and PSQL 8.6 with PWE7.6.100a

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinitymarie

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
We just patched our NW server from 6.5.4 to 6.5.6 and now starting PWE 7.6.100a is very slow. Are there any issues with this patch?

I checked with my lone netware client. They run 6.5.2NW with psql 8.6 & macola 76300a, exclusively using PWE. Life is good and stable. He is having many problems applying NWsp6, and thinks he may have to apply sp5 first. It sounds like the NWsp6 is the problem. If you have macola support or your reseller can place a call, it's worth asking if anyone else has reported. I don't see anything in infomine re: this issue. Officially, macola no longer supports psql 8.6, but they usually will answer questions about it. Other than that, if you, too, are experiencing problems applying sp6 properly, maybe it is a novell question. There is also a pervasive discussion forum on their website and pervasive group on this website where you might find some information. I remember when I installed 8.5 on this netware server I had many problems, and macola told me right away to upgrade to 8.6.

Post back with your results since we don't have that many netware users anymore. Your experience can help the rest of us get through it.

I second Macolhelp's comment. I too have exactly one netware customer.

I understand the anti-microsoft feelings out there, but it is really time to dump netware and pervasive in the Macola world, If you are still using this please do everyone a favor and upgrade to MS SQL.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back