Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Issues with 7.6.300a upgrade to 7.6.400? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJAnalyst

MIS
May 6, 2003
US
We are considering upgrading to 7.6.400a due to quite a few bugs in 7.6.300a that affect our ability to process our inventory and roll standard cost correctly. We have been told that these bugs are fixed in 400a. We are also a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant facility and Exact introduced SOX enhancements for passwords. Are there any gotchas that we should know about as we evaluate this decision?

Thanks.
Any and all information is helpful.

Jonathan Nelson

In 2 cases, when I upgraded a client we lost Flexibility. The issue was a bad file, the vbaconn.exe file. The "good" file is available from Exact.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Have you done the upgrade? I'm interested in your experience. Could you also post what server and patch level you are running and which db manager and version? I need to move a client from 76300b to 400a or higher in order to have macola fix some things that have misbehaved since 76200GR with (former Peak now Exact NJ) source code enhancements loaded on top.

I have done this at least 15 times now and my experiance has been this is the best upgrade I have ever done. I have had virtually no issues with the upgrade process. I have not tried the strong passwords yet.
has any one worked with this yet?

Steve Henley
trianglepartners.com
Exact Software consulting, sales and implementations.

Thank you for the responses. Due to our SOX compliance implementation methodology, we will be testing the upgrade in a parallel environment for the next 60 days. Our implementation date is the end of June and is dependant on successful testing of all business functions currently in use. We will be testing the strong password functionality in about two weeks. The test plan is not complete yet so the timing could be different.

It sounds like Steve has had good experiences so far with the upgrade. We have quite a few bugs that this upgrade is supposed to resolve in Cost Accounting and Inventory which we will be testing.

I will update this thread as we test and let everyone know if we come across any issues.

We are a 90 user site, Windows 2000 OS sp4 on SQL box, Windows 2000 sp4 on APP box, MSSQL 2000 Standard Edition sp4. AR, AP, IM, BOM, MCA, SF, PO, OE, WMS (kind of), EDI, GL, BC, SPR, SC, EBA.

Jonathan Nelson

I was interested to read about the bad VBACONN.EXE file.

We upgraded from 7.6.300c to 7.6.400 - all fine.

The VBACONN.EXE file version in 7.6.300c is 7.6.300 (from memory)

When the upgrade to 7.6.400 is performed it installs a different version called, rather strangely, 7.0.0.4

However When 7.6.400 spA is applied it OVERWRITES 7.0.0.4 and installs the old 7.6.300 version. We were told that "we" had an old version of the VBACONN.EXE file - not so, spA installs it. Flexibility stops working. The answer is to keep a copy of the 7.0.0.4 version of VBACONN.EXE and copy it back over the version installed by spA.

The only other issue that I know about is the following
Due to encrypted credit card processing, using OE cash to manually process credit cards may cause an issue depending on how you do the processing. Order entry no longer allows you to change the credit card information. This may or may not be an issue.
Must you should apply service pack A as it fixes a good size list of issues.

Steve Henley
Trianglepartners.com
Exact Software consulting, sales and implementations.

If the only tool you can use is a hammer then all your problems look like nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back