Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any ides for software to design dialogs/forms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpenBabe

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
GB
Can anyone recommend any software that allows use to "draw" the dialogs/forms that will eventually end up in our packages.

We have produced lots of bespoke character-based software in the past & as such always provide the client with some form of written specification, which included representations of the screens would look like.

We now use Visual Studio 6 to produce C++ code using forms/views/dialogs, etc, but very cumbersome to get representations of the "windows" into Word documents. We also construct many windows using code & not the resource editor.

We not after alternative IDE's, but would just like to make our specifications more "flashy", after all "a picture paints a thousand words"

Spencer Window (not a joke name)
spencer.window@eastmidlandcomputers.ltd.uk

You want to capture your dialog windows to include them in Word documents? In Win 9x, you can use the PrintScreen button on your keyboard, with some key combination (I believe Alt+PrintScreen will copy the active window to the clipboard, and you can then paste the picture in Word).

I think I had difficulties doing that on Win 2000, it may have been disabled in the settings.

Also, if you have access to a program like Paint Shop Pro, these often include a "capture" functionnality.

Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back