Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any ideas on How to turn file into string ? Access97

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcon

Programmer
Aug 30, 2001
US
I have to stick a text string into the body of an email for about 200 people. Each text string will be different.
I'm thinking I will open a recordset, convert the contents to a text string and put it in a string variable.

I realize there are other ways to do things but I am specifically being asked for this and nothing else.

Any ideas?
example:
record set contents
VEHICLE = BIKE
DATE = APRIL02
DISCOUNT = 6%
end result in body of email :

BIKE APRIL02 6%

I would use vb6 but I do not have an email object to use to send it. It looks like access,vba and outlook are the easiest in terms of actually sending the email.

Any help greatly appreciated!

You can just assemble the string from your recordset as you suggest and then use SendObject with acSendNoObject (the default) and just put your string as the body. You'll need to incorporate the e-mail address in your recordset to automate this properly. Best Regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back