Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any ideas as to cause of wget termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
I thought about where to post this questions and to me it is a linux server Q? So here goes?

We have a command, usually started with cron or at, that starts a shell script that eventually runs wget to capture the output of a streaming audio server device. This script runs wget in the background and waits a specific time before it kill's the background process. But, about 50% of the time when the kill runs the PID it is trying to kill is NOT active. This failure in return causes the job to end as an incomplete capture.

I cannot determine why or what is causing the wget program to end prematurely. Does anyone hopefully have any ideas as to what to look for?

I'll be sure to share what I eventually determine. Thanks [ponder]

I think you may get more help if you post the script here so we can see exactly what its doing and where it may be running into problems

what happens when you run it manually (not under cron), does it still have problems?

More info will help us help you..

Laurie.

Run wget verbosely and capture the output? Also capture the error code ($? after wget exits) and log it somewhere perhaps?

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back