Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any idea what happened to FMforums??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gessie

Technical User
Aug 26, 2008
Hi,

I used to use the Filemaker Forums site quite often - as one of the biggest sites dealing with FMP tips, tricks and questions.
Recently I've been unable to log on to fmforums.com - "can't find the server error" - but I wouldn't think such a big site could just disappear!
Does anyone know if they've moved - or just what happened?
Thanks in advance
gessie

Thanks twiSSt
for your external verification.
I used to log straight in automatically all the time from my Mac-box - and even tried a couple of different browsers when Safari continued to give me a "server not found" message. Firefox - same thing; Internet Explorer (for Mac) same thing - so - with a bit of "testing done" I thought it might be the site was down.
Now, with your feedback - I've just gone out and tried on a friend's Windows XP machine - and blow me down - if it didn't come straight up. Ocean West says the site has been upgraded - but it looks like I have some server sleuthing to do on my side before I fall into the same trap of "everything's wrong but me" again.
We can close this thread off with
my biggest thanks,
gessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back