Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

any good with macros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louize

Technical User
Apr 22, 2001
GB
needs some cool macros to beef up my little database? know any good ones

would you like them to do anything specific at all? Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

mmmmm anything u'd like dearest? i'd like to have one that deletes a record to a trash table so records aren't accidently lost. the database is quites simple most form add in details(ie.crew details & ship etc) with one main one that holds who goin to where and what they are taking.

i'm sure u'll impress me with ur mass of knowledge no matter what u come up with :)

well my little sausage. It's been so long since your last message five minutes ago that I had lost hope of ever hearing from you again.

Reading the grown up bit of your message ( that I will print out and place beneath my pillow tonight ) can you get away with the Form_BeforeDelConfirm event, i.e. ask a question with a message box and then you can cancel. If not, you could do an INSERT INTO query in the Form_BeforeDelConfirm event to copy the current record to an archive table. Quite a good idea actually. I am sure my lovely Louize can code that with ease.

Until next time my love. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

i didn't mean to leave but i had a situation with my database-its all fixed now. what do u mean grown-up bit of my msg?better to be young at heart if u ask me. i'm goin to try ur advise now,cheers

Good afternoon. let me know how you get on. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Evening sweetie

sob,sob i cant get it to work. think i'm tring to take too much on!

hello louize, whats the problem. tell me all about it. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

jus good ol' bob the builder i fixed it! silly me changed field names to get some SQL queries to work but then every other query that used the old field names were slightly confussed, but panic over.

thinking i'll need to do some sort of make-table query to make the archive table then make the selected records magically go there

i'm soo bad at this :-(

has bob the builder gone international, or are you from the UK? Have you noticed no-one is joining in our little chats. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

detective and programmer is there no end to ur skill?? i am from the uk how about urself?
i know its very cosy but ain't getting many funky marcos wrote! u must be scaring them all off LOL (tee hee)

yes, I'm in Sussex.

thinking i'll need to do some sort of make-table query to make the archive table then make the selected records magically go there

You could just do a copy paste of your main table and then delete all the records. Save you doing the make. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

i'm from Northern Ireland

i'm so confused/frustrated! gonna give up coz i lack the brain power!!

thought i'd need these queries to attach to the button event on the form so the current record wouldn't be deleted forever

do u ever work? ur always here or r u my knight in shining armour?

If it's not too big, why don't you send me the programme, I can have a look at it for you. No I don't work ever. I'm extraordinarily rich so I don't have to. Oh no, thats Bill Gates. And why are you working this late any way? Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

cause i'm in work so i'm do it whie i'm getting paid :)

its very rough, r u sure u could handle it??
its for an assignment so i'mm trying to make it work first then i'll make it all pretty

is peter@accuflight.com ok address?

yes fine, rough doesn't matter, you should see some of my efforts. Address is fine, send it and I'll have a look. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Please be kind enough to define a 'pretty' database, and a 'funky' macro!<g> This sounds like all databases should be ( too many dry VB people out there with no sense of humour MCP = Mirth Can Provoke )!!

So Lou, don't make it too 'funky' especially for an assignment...

Regards,

Chris
support@xeotech.co.uk

jus trying to make the most of a dull sitution. i have a lovely zebra print folder to hand it in in. wot can i say i brighten up my lecturers

Zebra print folder huh? How about a zebra print ( or other weird and wonderful backgrounds ) on the forms? Why
not even trigger a few mp3/wav/midi files when the forms open - wild animal sounds, drums et al! What a database!!
Full marks and extra gold stars from the lecturers shall be yours...<g>

But back to the original task .. I'm game also, computing, if not computers should be fun... so, suggest me a an idea for a 'cool' macro and I'll see what I can come up with.

Cheers to Northern Ireland from me, situated roughly in the middle of the UK.

Chris.
support@xeotech.co.uk

i really really wanted a macro that would move a record to an archive file to eventually be delete to prevent little whoopsies but i'm very opened minded and up 4 anything so feel free to suggest anything (marco related of course!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back